Friday, October 17, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Ok, so I know it's Friday but I've been meaning to do this for a few weeks now. In case you haven't noticed, the last few posts by myself on our blog have been pretty negative. In the hopes of showing all of you friends and family that I'm not really that negative, I am starting a theme day: Thankful Thursday. Every Thursday (that's not a promise, just a goal) I will post on the blog about two things that I'm grateful for. One of those will be spiritual, the other temporal. Hopefully this will help me to count my blessings and help all of you to feel a little more grateful for the blessings in your lives. So without any further ado, Thankful Thursday for 16 October 2008:

Spiritual - My Amazing Wife, Amber


This fits in both categories, really, but I'll put it here. I am so grateful to have such a wife as Amber. She makes every day of my life more meaningful, fun, peaceful, exciting, productive, loving, good, and fulfilling. Besides that, she's beautiful! To quote a favorite movie, "She's pretty much the best thing that's ever happened to me." I'm so thankful for the way she loves me even though I have so many little goofy weaknesses that make it hard for me to even get along with myself sometimes. She is very patient with me and my sometimes childish/silly ways. I have grown so much in the time we've been together, and though the credit goes to the Lord in the end, a big part of his plan in helping me get here has been by blessing me with a wife who is capable of getting the best out of me. What a blessing it is to have her for my own and to know that our marriage will last forever.

Temporal - Double-Stuf Oreos



First off, why would you even CONSIDER buying regular Oreos? To borrow from another quote, "What's fun about less [frosting]?" Ok, now that that's out of the way, what an amazing cookie! Oreos and I have a friendship that goes way way back to the earliest days of my childhood. I have developed, discovered, and been taught many different ways of eating Oreos, and they are all delicious. I really do have a great fondness for these little cookies. Whoever invented these cookies deserves a Nobel prize.

PS - Isn't Amber a cute little soccer player?
PPS - After that spiel about double-stuf, I DO still like regular Oreos, so if you have some I'd be HAPPY to come over and help you eat them...

5 comments:

Bec said...

Two Comments:

1. Amber is an ADORABLE soccer player, and I'm glad you love her so much.

2. Have you tried the mint, dipped-in-chocolate oreos? My golly, they're amazing! (But they only come in a package of like 9 cookies, so they'd better be!) Mm...

Kellie said...

Amber is so cute!! Ok. I might have to break down and shell out the extra fifty cents for oreos here. My mouth is watering just thinking about them.

katie said...

I love that soccer picture, but I think I love oreos way more. No offense Amber.

Wendi said...

I have to disagree. I like homemade oreo cookies much better than store bought. And yes, Amber is adorable.

Lisa said...

Okay, so I'm pretty sure Amber has had the baby - at least I hope for her she has. We need an update here! I'm dying to see pics of the cute little one. Also, don't hate me but I do like regular oreos better than double stuff - I will eat double stuff, but I prefer cookie over icing - sorry.