Wednesday, May 31, 2006


Happy Birthday to the Monkees!! Ok so I've been looking for excuses to make posts because we haven't posted for a while. The problem is that we have stuff to post but at home we have slow internet and at work I only have a little time on my breaks and I don't have our camera here to be able to post stuff. Anyway, I just heard on the radio that on this day in 1966 they started filming for the first season of The Monkees, one of the greatest TV shows ever!! I absolutely love this show and Amber will probably give me a hard time for posting this but they are just great!! Here's a picture of their lovely faces on TV Guide after they had such a hit first season.

5 comments:

Kason said...

I like the Monkees. Their more popular songs are great, but the obscure ones are way good, too. I think they were like the only good audition band ever put together. They just don't make them like that any more. Wow, the one guy on the left has a chin of death! Who is that?

Mike said...

That would be Mickey Dolenz, the drummer. We also have Mike Nesmith in the hat, Peter Tork with the dorky blond hair, and of course Davy Jones, my mom's hearthrob from her teenage days.

Kason said...

I knew there was a Mickey, and I knew that was Davy Jones down there, but that was about it. I also know that I will forever be confused about the whole Davy Jones Locker thing. I have no intention of ever knowing what that refers to.

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»