Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Happy Birthday Teddy

Today is Teddy's birthday. At this specific place in time, I was lying there hoping not to have a C-section. Thank goodness I didn't have to have one. Teddy was born at 9:47 pm. What a sweet blessing it is to have a little boy. We had so much fun. We actually celebrated his birthday on Friday, October 30. Thank you to those family members who drove so far. Zann's parents even came up from Riverton, which meant a lot. Thanks also for the many many presents he got. He has loved playing with all of them.

Teddy was pretty good to let me make the cake. He hung out and played in his room. I was really nervous because I really wanted to do a soccer ball. I think it turned out very well. I have never done anything like this before. It's not perfect, but I think it looks amazing.


Zann has been waiting for his whole life to have a 1 year old to dive into a cake. Teddy met and exceeded all of his expectations. I can't rmember the last time I laughed so hard.




This is the aftermath of the cake.


This is our cousin's boy James. You can hear him laughing in the background a few times during the cake video. He loved helping Teddy open his toys as well as playing with them. He was so cute with Teddy. It was great having him here. This was as they were leaving. So cute.


Happy Halloween!!!

We had some amazing friends that we met in the 10th ward, the Croppers. They are just as amazing as they come. They invited us to carve pumpkins with them their first year in Logan. The following year we decided to do it again. Darrell decided to split our closeness and move to Lehi. We didn't carve pumpkins with them last year and so we decided this year we had to get together. We did and had a ball. Zann and I always forget our camera when we want it. Thank you Janell for providing the pictures. I carved the Trick or Treat and Zann carved the Utah State. Pretty amazing if you asked me.



This is all of us. Their little boy Stephan was so cute with Teddy. They played together and Stephan kept saying Teddy's name. We will be getting together soon I am sure. Their whole family is in BYU shirts and we are in Utah State gear. Gotta' love it.


Teddy was a Teddy Bear for Halloween. He was the cutest little thing ever. Enjoy these pictures.


8 comments:

katie said...

ha ha! That cake eating video is AWESOME! As are the carved pumpkins.

Jil ~ said...

Wow, I never thought he'd be so clean about it. It was great watching him go at the cake. That's our Teddy!!!

Rachel said...

Yeaaahhh!!! thats the way to do it! I am sorry we missed the party!! you guys are great friends thanks for posting so we could see him!

Tracey said...

Nice! He is SO cute! Good thing you took a picture of the cake before he went at it. That's so fun, Alexis totally destroyed her cake too:) Thanks so much for the comment on my blog, you're great! I also appreciate your friendship, it's sad that we don't live closeby anymore. I will definitely have to come and see you guys sometime soon. Hope everything's going well with your pregnancy, and that you're feeling well!

Kellie said...

Happy Birthday Teddy! Amber, that cake looks amazing! You did a great job. And his costume is way cute. Doesn't look like he enjoyed the hood too much, though:) Great video, too. Megan was scared of getting her hands dirty when was gave her her first birthday cake.

Julie said...

What a cute little guy you have there! Alessa never did dig into her cake, she just picked at it. I hope you are feeling well!

Lindsay said...

What fun with the cake! I hope Jaren will give a good show too! :)

Brent and Shanna Farley said...

That was awesome!!! he is so stinkin cute! :) Miss you guys!